Curses! Today, shortly after our return from church, we discovered two inches of water in our basement. Paul found a hose that had burst open, and I quickly donned my new rubber boots and began hauling wet hockey equipment (gross), furniture, cardboard boxes, and too much crap to mention, our of our furnace room and cellar. Thankfully there's a raised floor in the finished part of our basement, so I crammed it full in my rescue efforts. Gotta say, despite my grumpiness, I was feeling pretty tough in my new boots. M-cat and Chuckles joined in the fun, wading wide-eyed through the chilly flood water (this all seemed like a fun idea until Chuckles slipped and did a face plant. Bad mommy). So no enjoying a beautiful Sunday afternoon for the Fast clan. Just mopping, pumping and grumbling...
While I was moving all our junk around in a frenzy, I thought: "why do I have this, anyway?" I think a basement clean out is about to begin. As if I need more jobs to do.
Flow is the antidote
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment