I love rituals. In France, January 6 (Epiphany) is celebrated by the eating of a galette des rois. This is a cake made of puff pastry and filled with frangipane. More importantly, inside each galette is placed a "feve", a bean. The person who finds the feve in his slice becomes the king for the day. In some traditions, the king can place his bean in another person's drink, making them the queen.
For some reason, I felt compelled, a few weeks ago, to recreate this tradition myself. So, I found a decent and relatively simple recipe for my galette. My brother in law was visiting for the day, and he was lucky enough to become the king. (Note the knight helmet substitute for the crown). He chose M-cat to be his queen, and she blushed and giggled with delight as he got on his knee and kissed her hand.
And guess what? My children actually ate a cake that was not made of chocolate! Shocker.
Flow is the antidote
1 month ago





No comments:
Post a Comment