Chuckles, as he approaches his third birthday in spring, has become less interested in napping. When the house is filled with the other kids and busy schedules, I let the nap go. But if I can score a few hours of blissful afternoon silence, then I will be slightly more forceful in encouraging the nap. There's been bribery, ahem, I mean, incentives, in order to ensure this.
The key is finding his two "best friends', (his words, not mine): Tim Tim (the teddy bear) and Soother. For a while, there was a triumvirate of best friends, when a little braided rope was included in his circle. He still is quite fond of the rope, but Tim Tim and Soother always pull rank.
Today, instead of napping, he was looking at books in the book basket. An activity which led, alas, to this:


We have Bunny and Soosy at our house. Even with those two best friends, I don't always get a nap. I think those days are almost done. Sigh!
ReplyDelete