I digress! This post will have my last thoughts on Italy. In fact, I've been thinking about Italy often during this frantic, busy, overwhelming week. One can't help put think of food in the context of Italy, especially pizza. Our villa was furnished with this awesome outdoor pizza oven:
That evening, a local chef came with his assistants to make pizza after pizza after pizza for us, (on our wedding anniversary too!) which we devoured. It was a meal I will never forget. Thank goodness for the stretchy skirt.
Our last little outing was to the nearby town of Lerici. Granny and Susan came along for the fun too. I felt like I was in the south of France: (no sunscreen here - just brown bodies everywhere)
It was Paul's birthday today, and this is what the birthday boy had for lunch: (not shown, my family size platter of pesto)
Arrivederci, Italia. Thank you Tracy and Liz for inviting us along - we can't wait for our next adventure!









No comments:
Post a Comment