Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Owling and Mullets

It sure is interesting being back in the world of adolescents. Today I received a school memo indicating that this was not be be allowed at school. Who knew that crouching up like an owl could be such a fascinating sport?

On another unrelated topic, my son has caused some distress to me lately by insisting on a new hairstyle, horrors, the mullet. He has repeatedly described exactly how he wants it to look: short on top, long at the back, business at the front, party at the back. How can a mother allow this kind of potential hair crime to happen? In desperation, L-man admitted that there was one person whose opinion he respected, and so we put in an emergency call to my 16 year old niece Rebecca. And, like an angel of hair goodness, she convinced him not to do it. She would not reveal to me what exactly she said to my son, but I don't care. We just saved the world from one more child mullet, and that feels good enough.

1 comment:

  1. I am browsing those photos of kids with mullets, and I gotta say, some of those kids look pretty cute. You never know, L-man might be on to something ....

    ReplyDelete