Sunday, October 2, 2011

The beginning of Grade One...

...brings a lot of post-school fatigue, 6 year old attitude and a bit of mourning for the fun times had in kindergarten.  But, it also is a time when there is great rejoicing over a lost tooth, one that has been earnestly wiggled and tugged and tongue-poked:
 (I'm suggesting a witch costume for Hallowe'en - no need to black out THAT tooth!)

And with grade one comes a more formal introduction into the joys of writing, of putting letters and sounds together to create your very own message:
 (translation: I am at my cousin's wedding. He is marrying Lindsay. His name is James.) Is is SO fun to witness this transformation, of putting thoughts into words. M-cat is loving it, and so am I.

And since we're talking about her "cusins watig", I'll throw in a few shots of that too, taken in August, one day after our return from Italy and their return from summer camp:


They cleaned up all right, didn't they? (just don't look too close at those fingernails - one scrub cannot erase the dirt from 6 nights at camp. In fact, I think the dirt is still there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment