We devoured the truffles that year, and I planned, for future Christmases, to tuck my own little candies inside, when my new baby and his big siblings would race down each morning to see what treasure could be found inside. I pictured four little tree calendars perched on my window ledge, waiting to be discovered by my kids each morning.
Little did I know that my new baby would have such passion for chocolate.
So my current reality looks more like this: three advent calendars are crammed atop of my dusty fridge, the only place they are safe. From what? Chuckles. As I write this, barely a week into December, that guy has eaten EVERY chocolate in his calendar, and had begun to quietly decimate those of his siblings, until I came up with the fridge solution.
This is the one that belongs to Chuckles: (yes, all those drawers are empty, the rest are littered about amongst chocolate foil)
And just now, while searching for something, I found another corner littered with the remains of many Hershey's kisses - clearly his hiding place. The kicker? He keeps asking for more, every morning, with this very sad yet charming look on his 3 year old face.
I think next year I'll fill each drawer with cherry tomatoes.


That is good, Marnie. Addie is like your Chuckles.
ReplyDeleteMy oldest did that with her first chocolate advent calendar.
ReplyDelete