Monday, March 5, 2012

Starting...

I found about four half started blog posts today. Some were awaiting photos, some stopped after a few sentences, some I lost the mood to write. Life has been busy. But we're all busy, aren't we? I've felt, in the past weeks, that I've said "yes" too often, spread myself too thin, and dropped too many balls. It doesn't feel good, this busy-hectic-ball dropping-shallow breathing feeling. So I'll stop for a moment to do this:
Inhale.
Exhale.
Inhale.
Exhale.
You know? That feels better. And it was easy. I just forget to do it sometimes. Breathe.

These past few weeks have been filled with highs and lows: A family Valentines meal with heart shaped ravioli and fancy drinks. My beaming 8 year old daughter winning her first gold medal at a ringette tournament on Family Day week-end.  L-man staying up at an all night cookie-a-thon making cookies and raising money for his trip to Denmark this summer. A friend celebrating the much anticipated release of a brand new book.  Another friend, one I've known since my childhood, mourned the death of her 4 year old son. Heartache. There was sickness. And health. And then more sickness. Then a visit from Pappy who spoiled us with a feast of homemade tortillas and all the fixings. A quick meal with a friend nearing the halfway mark of her chemotherapy. There has been a lot. This is what life is, I guess. So I will keep breathing, and reminding myself of those things that matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment