Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My buck toothed daughter...


...has finally, finally, lost her two front teeth. At school pick up, she raced over and flashed me this bright orange bracelet she was wearing. On the top, there was a tooth shaped box where indeed her one front tooth was kept safe. Her friend Chloe helped in its removal by knocking into her in gym class. (sorry about the head puncture, Chloe)

Not being able to stand the sight of one lone, dangly tooth left in her mouth, I performed my highly effective "tooth lasso" trick. This involves the making of a small loop out of dental floss and hooking it around the tooth. At this point, the child will shriek in anticipation of some kind of pain. Simply reassure (OK, lie) to the child with a: "I'm only cleaning it, honey, I won't yank it." Of course, you do give a quick, accidental looking yank, and presto, the tooth is out.

You can see above the end result!

No comments:

Post a Comment