Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chinese little baby born in Bethlehem


M-cat, upon our return from our church Christmas pageant, had a tune stuck in her head. (NB: the song she heard was actually a Jamaican version of "Tiny little baby born in Bethlehem") But M-cat had her own interpretation: Chinese little baby born in Bethlehem. Now that I think about it, it does sound an awful lot like Chinese, and now I can't get HER version out of my head.



The pageant was magical. Based on the story The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, featuring those nasty, hitting, cigar-smoking Herdman kids, it was funny, and poignant and thoughtful. This is a story from MY childhood, and my kids loved hearing it. This is the first time our church has done an intergenerational muscial, and it was fantastic. My kids had a teeny tiny song in the angel choir (I'm actually shocked that my 8 year old son put a sparkly halo on his head), but they were captivated by the whole production. What a neat way to start the advent season. I got all weepy when they are started singing "For Unto Us a Child is Born". That Messiah music gets me every time.


No comments:

Post a Comment