Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The C word

I embrace the idea of trying anything once. And now I can add a cleanse to my list. A thirty day cleanse. A very long thirty day cleanse. My trusty chiropractor planted this idea in my head, and convinced me to give it a go. This meant saying good-bye to two beloved things: caffeine and alcohol (oh how I've missed you). These were soon to be replaced by twice daily shakes and a sensible meal once a day. And lots of water.

The summary: I've lost (or "released", in cleanse speak) 12 pounds. Yay! Do I feel renewed energy? Hard to say. Mostly, I've learned that I do possess the self-discipline to be more mindful of the foods I eat, (but partially I was motivated by the fact that I had to pay for this cleanse) that I should always bring water and good snacks with me wherever I go, and that it feels pretty good to shed some extra baggage.

Would I do it again? Maybe not for 30 days. Hard to socialize when you're being so chaste. We'll see if I can keep up some good habits. For now, I look forward to a morning cup of coffee again, and I'll savour every drop.

1 comment: