Thursday, June 23, 2011

Father's Day

On Sunday, I felt grateful for all the dads I know, and have known. In our house on Sunday, Paul was treated to an eggy breakfast and showered with homemade creations. (we all need more clay pencil holders in our lives, don't you think?) Then we took advantage of Waterloo's first ever car free Sunday and biked up and down King Street where there was road hockey, balloon artists (sorry for not paying you, balloon guy, I thought they were free), bike decorating, music, and Dairy Queen.

After a dip in our community pool, I kind of made Paul grill his own supper, but tried to offer as much kitchen support as possible. We enjoyed a nice glass of wine in Paul's new glasses (Riedel Ouverture red wine glasses, which good old Beppi the Globe and Mail wine guy thinks are the best one-size-fits-all glass, in case you're interested.)  I could have grilled your steak, baby, but it would have been a meat-fail, for sure.


Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment