In a rare, kid-free library moment, I began wandering up and down the aisles: cookbooks! fireplaces! parenting collections! travel guides! It was a lot of fun, actually. I pulled this book off one shelf called "Table for Eight: Raising a large family in a small-family world". According to this book, anyone with more than 2 kids is in "large family" status. I'm securely large, then, with four kids. Anyway, on the chapter entitled "Feeding your flock", the author mentions how it's good to remember the crowd pleasers when feeding many mouths.
This week, when I was at a loss for supper ideas, Paul came home and promptly whipped up some thin pancakes, using his mom's recipe (now there's a woman who can cook for a crowd). The kids, when told of the menu du jour, went, well, crazy with delight: bouncing on their chairs, whooping, growing halos, the works. It just reminded me that sometimes, it's not all about nutrition, but more about the joy and satisfaction of whipping up a crowd pleaser every now and then. (crudites were served as a side dish, I'll have you know.)
Flow is the antidote
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment